Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Let's Talk About The SportWerks RECOIL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Metallover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Let's Talk About The SportWerks RECOIL!!!

ORIGINAL: gbasile77

is anybody getting alot of torque steer from their recoils? I find that on the throttle mine pulls quite a bit.
I am running 2s lipo, feigao 400 size 6200kv with mamba 1/10 sidewinder. geared with 17t pinion.
All I can think of is the diffs? Maybe their slipping. I'd try tightening them. I heard somewhere that the balls in the diffs had a plating that wore off and screwed up the working of the diff so maybe some new diff balls is in order.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:19 PM
gldngrk02

Mine never really goes straight. I've been messing with adjusting the front turnbuckles, but there is a lot of play with the way the wheels mount . What type of tire ya running?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:11 PM
austexjg

I am definately having torque steer problems with the XLR8 motor - It doesn't like to turn right, and when turning left under throttle, if you let the remote steering wheel go straight while still under throttle the car wants to do a hard right? I don't believe I have a diff. problem. Any idea on set-up options? Would an aluminum drive shaft help?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 PM
gldngrk02

Can't let this thread get too far down the line! So this may be a dumb question but will removing the driveshaft, front diff and dogbones remove enough weight to make a noticeable difference? I was running on a carpet track against a buddy with a comparable set up and they were pretty close. Just looking for an edge! I unfortunately got the pinion (16t) stuck on the motor shaft so until I figure out how to remove it that's not an option.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:51 PM
ROUDYRS4

I know im  a day late and a dollar short lol but i just picked one of these up its an all stock RTR recoil and i really like it im very new to the electric side of rc ive got 3 nitros  but have always wanted a brushless car for top speed    can anyone gimme a quick breakdown as far as what i need to replace or purchase       and links on where to get these item i know the car is discontinued but i think it an awesome little car an im not afraid to try to make parts fit from another rc   lol .....are there any other rc models that have parts interchangeable with this one?  like the rc18r or vendetta   or m18      thanks in advance   
Old 06-06-2009, 11:57 PM
NerRepn815

im running 62 m.p.h. o ur link is horizonhobby.com