Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Cen MG16 mini monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Mazda ute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen MG16 mini monster truck

Does any one have one ifso how do you like it? was there any thing that broke straight away or would be best to hop up in a area to keep it going longer?. Any info would help. I'm thinking of getting one off a mate but would like to know a bit more on them. Thanks guys.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:47 AM
GEEMAXX01

Default RE: Cen MG16 mini monster truck

I just bought one about 2 weeks ago. I completed the break in with some headaches due to this being my first nitro. I didnt have a fail safe so on the 5th tank of break-in the car ran away at mid throttle and hit a curb and the back shock tower broke in 4 pieces but the rest of the truck seems to be ok. I ordered the replacement part and a fail safe its a nice little truck plenty fast. I would recommend one I didnt like the factory glow plug I'm using MC59s and the truck starts right away. I got mine off EBAY for $150 plus shipping not a bad deal. Its cool to see this little truck going fast and making all that noise you get a lot of second looks and questions. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69553.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1110025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr52903.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1110026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk15878.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1110027  
Old 01-13-2009, 02:18 PM
MORNINGSTAR

hows the aftermarket part selection on these?

before i got my rc18, i looked at those pretty tough, but didnt find a lot of part support.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:49 PM
GEEMAXX01

Not much out there I saw a few alumm parts on the CEN website (shock towers) but thats about it besides battery packs, new engine, pipes, etc. I normally keep my R/Cs stock but it would be nice to have some RPM parts to upgrade to. Replacement parts are always available and ship very quickly from the manufacturer as I have learned. Its not a bad little truck I should get it back up and running this weekend once everything is delivered then I will post more pics and vids. I didnt see much on bodies but I think once the new Traxxas 1/16s come out there might be more bodies that fit. Stock part support is there but after market is very limited if that answers your question.