Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Jones'in for some flight time

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Jones'in for some flight time

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 11:18 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jones'in for some flight time

It was/is a wet dreary morning, heavy mist ,windy, cloudy,, But I went flyin anyway
the first flight was fun, but hairy, the second flight went straight from my hand into the ground,, the third flight was too scarey..I struggled the whole time to keep it in the air and after about 1 minute of fighting the wind the engine cut out,,,, man was I glad to hear that...it was too windy for flying.. so I packed up and beat the rain by about 60 seconds

Still flying the cox spyder, and working on the SS Cap 21, I just realized it almost identical to a Sig 4 star but with a 35" wingspan.....I had to use regular Rx, mini servos (4), and using my .074 on it, hope its not too heavy, dont want a flying brick...may be able to finish it up today.....Rog
Old 09-06-2004, 11:49 AM
muddy69
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jones'in for some flight time

I know the feeling. I went out to the park today to look at my Piece o Cake. My girlfriend landed it in a 100 foot tree three days ago. It sure looks good, I like that color scheme a lot. Its amazing how firmly planted in the tree it is, the wind has been gusting over 20mph at night, the darn thing hasn't moved a bit.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Lynn S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jones'in for some flight time

I've yet to get a ROG with my Cub. Just not enough power to be yanked off the ground after 50 ft. It runs off the pavement before getting enough speed. I'm flying off a two lane street in a very open industrial park with unlimited north/south pavement,but the wind has been blowing out of the east and southeast all week....wind looks calm today, I'll try it one more time. Hand launches are good.

Update: Still no luck with a ROG.Not enough power to pull through a headwind and gain enough speed. I'll just have to hand launch it.