RCU Forums - View Single Post - Moki Engines Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 02:49 PM
pura
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moki Engines Thread

Hi,
I have come to this website because of the problems with my Moki 1.8. I bought one used several years ago and finally got around to building a plane for it. I put it in a 35cc Aeroworks Extra with a Pitts muffler. I got it to run OK (5% Cool Power) initially in the plane but then it started running poorly and dying shortly after take off. I had some suspicions about the needle valve since it had been rotated to a different position ( I assume the original owner didn't like the position of the fuel nipple).

Anyway, I just couldn't get it to run consistently so I bought a new carb/needle valve assembly from Just Engines. That seemed to make no difference or perhaps was worse. I would prime it up and it would run out the prime and stop.
I finally put it on a test stand and experimented with fuel, carb setting et. I switched to an OS F plug, FAI fuel, and finally found that with the low speed dial about 1/16" on the + side it would run.
Put it back in the plane and got one good run in the garage and then it wouldn't start again no matter how much prime I added.
From what I have read on this listing it appears that it isn't getting enough fuel. I am using the tank set-up that Aeroworks provided with an over-sized brass fittings so I'm sure everything has a good seal. Should I be blocking off one the pipes on the Pitts?
I have ordered a CLine regulator. Is this necessary?
Thanks,
Bill