RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cheap Park Flyer
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Shortymet55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Park Flyer

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a relatively cheap park flyer. Essentially, I am at school away from home, and I'm looking for something to use here. I fly a nitro trainer at home. I can do all the basic flight stuff, fly upside down, do weak trainer versions of knife edges, random flips and rolls and turns in odd combinations, and consistant take-off and landings, so hopefully that tells you enough about my skill level. I dont want like a super super easy cub, but I dont want something too difficult.

I am not sure where exactly I am going to fly this, but most likely find like a baseball or football field, so that is the space I will have.

My budget is like $150 for everything needed to build and fly. I do not have to worry about li-po charger or TX, because I have those. However, my radio is a Futaba 7C 2.4ghz, so we need to account for a receiver. I do not mind buying for hobbyking at all. I am fine with a wait, if thats what it takes to keep the price down (This includes getting one of the OrangeRx receivers instead of a genuine Futaba, to save like $50).

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to get, or maybe a list of a plane and components that you bought that worked well?

Thanks!