RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skywalker FPV
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Skywalker FPV

My ImmersionRC EzOSD mounted nicely in the very front of the Skywalker up by the nose. By cutting a small slot into one side of the existing air opening, I could turn the EzOSD sideways and lock it into place. This also allowed me easy access to the 3 setup buttons.

For now, my FlyCamOne HD 720p camera will be in a fixed position for my first flights. In the future, I plan to add panning motion using the [link=http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_7&products_id=295]SkyWalker FPV Pan/Tilt Pod Kit[/link] from ReadyMadeRC. I'll add the FlyCamOne HD Pendelum mount on top of the pod kit.

I took some actual photos of my LCD screen display. Although the photos didn't come out great, you can see the various capabilities in the screens.

The FlyCamOne HD displays information on the camera resolution setting, on-board battery charge, and remaining memory in the plug-in SD card. This can be seen in the first screen image. While this information cannot be turned off, it shows up outside the camera display and does not get added to the on-board recorded video.

The second screen image shows the EzOSD information along with the momentary acquiring GPS status. Since it snowed here last night, the snow on the roof made for a longer than usual GPS tracking time. A few days ago, without snow, I was tracking from inside the house after only a few minutes.

After initially testing the EzOSD features, I cut into the current sensor unit and adding wires for the RSSI and Display On/Off features. I haven't wired the RSSI line to my Futaba receiver yet but the Display On/Off feature worked nicely on Ch. 5 normally used for gear.

The third screen image shows that my turning my EzOSD display off via the transmitter and changing the aspect on the LCD TV from my IR remote control, I can completely remove all information during a flight, if desired. Note the snow out the back windows.

The last screen image shows that I was tracking 3 satellites after about 5 minutes. This information disappears once the GPS starts tracking 6 satellites, then you are ready to fly. Before starting the flight, you should select the "Set Home" calibration from the menus. Hence the need for access to the buttons. The middle button displays the menu items and the outer buttons are for Up and Down. The EzOSD is very well designed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92993.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1725611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77711.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1725612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58612.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	91.8 KB