RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!

WINSTON CHURCHILL'S STATEMENT ABOUT THE FLYING TIGERS AND THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN

"The magnificant victories these Americans have won in the air over the paddy fields of Burma are comparable in character if not in scope with those won by the Royal Air Force over the orchards and hop fields of Kent in the Battle of Britain."

At first my PC acted up rather badly but after continuing to work on it the above quote became practical to find and use. Typing the title of this post into Google's search window finally brought the web site up, no URL was needed. I have stored the web site in my "favorites" and can provide the URL upon request. I hope others won't have the trouble I had to confirm Winston's statement.

Though the Brits did not like the P-40 as much as their own venerable Hurricane, what really matters here is the historic courage, skill, and valor against a seemingly unstoppable foe. A really worthy monument in the form of an irresistibly beautiful RTF popular size P-40 model would surely seem to be a great idea.

I rest my case.

Out.

[] [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

__________________________________________________ ____
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.net/RICHARDPORTER4/CALLTOGLORY/

__________________________________________________ ____
Spitfire Brotherhood # 64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -