Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Saburo Sakai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL2980

At $350 for Bind and Fly she's up in the sky already, but with flaps and everything.....ah, the history alone of this workhorse bird of Liberty is enticing! Please file your flight reports as soon as you come back in toFighter Dispatch!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Default RE: E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!

Nice find, but since I just picked up a 55" wingspan PNP Spitfire with retracts for $139, I think I'll pass.

I would love to see some videos of the Hawker.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Saburo Sakai

I'm gonna' wait till I get good enough at flying not to crack it up too quick, while the price hopefully goes down because right now, "The rent is just too damn high."
Old 02-11-2011, 10:12 AM
mad web tv scientist

[quote]ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL2980

At $350 for Bind and Fly she's up in the sky already, but with flaps and everything.....ah, the history alone of this workhorse bird of Liberty is enticing! Please file your flight reports as soon as you come back in to Fighter Dispatch!
[/quote

CONGRATULATIONS! So excited the above quote that I am using on the Spit thread to entice my British buddie to also buy one or more Hurricanes some how ended up here also. I shall return to finish this post. Well, maybe not. Please see next post.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
mad web tv scientist

Well, this is a first. Although this fabulous (in more ways than one) thread was on my mind, I have never before in history accidentally posted on a thread like my first one here. What a surprise when it was checked!

My FHS said that the first HURRICANE to land will have my name put on it! Oh, slow down my palpitating heart! This is surely much too much excitement, especially for some of us chronologically challenged fighter pilots who may be in our second childhood!

The new ship will be located in an attack position on my dangerously sinister Fascist killer Bf-109G that is aiming from a terrifying 12 o'clock high flight path at any car that dares to move into my garage! Of course, like the 109, the HURRICANE will be kept ready to scramble for combat at a moments notice. No! It won't fit in the house! Sorry.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up other five star rated Ace Fighter threads.

ENJOY! "Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win!"

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
mad web tv scientist

Hey, Hawker Hurricane Battle of Britain fans, just ran some numbers and found out that the new PZ HH and the PZ 109 are virtually the same scale. Kind of neat to be able to take the two of them out and show the real differences that existed between these planes.

The Thunderbolt and the Wildcat are similarly accurate scale with each other. The PZ 51 is around 5% too large which for practical purposes could still be close enough to fit in this group.

The PZ F4U and the PZ P-51 are within 1% of each other. Nobody would ever be able to tell the difference just by looking.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up other five star rated Ace Fighter threads.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Saburo Sakai

Good to know. Now, all you have to do is outfit the Hurricane with the Hispano 20 mm cannon, and the 109G with what, two 20 mm. cannon and two machine guns? Who made those weapons for the Wehrmacht? Find out NOW! JETZ! This is your job, Mad Web! For proper re-creation of Liberty's stand against world fascism, it must be so! If you fail Iwill send you to the Western Front!
Anyway, outfit the planes thusly, and do the dogfight. Our children should witness, as they are not being taught the brutality of the Left, the NAtional soZIalists (NAZIs), the communistStalins and MaOs and Potts. They ALWAYS end up killing. Here are some range targets of various 20 mm. I'm sure they are different cartridge orientations, and I'm not sure on the projectile weight.
http://www.netaces.org/weapons/20mm.html

Really cool stuff! All very REAL.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Saburo Sakai

Hey, Wheelnut! For some reasonthe Hurricane would seem more real with oil stains, paint dings, and fuel streaks down its sides. Maybe tape over the gun barrel holes, poke 'emout and paint the edgesblack to immitate the carbon and lead wash after the real things have been fired. They do that kinda stuff onthe Big Boy Warbird threads, which is really realistic. I did it to my models as a kid. Why notdo it again? I gotta make time for that stuff! Important!

Jimbo bka (better known as) Saburo Sakai
Can't wait for my baby Mosquito! Gonna strafe Mad Web's ground facilities and hangars!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:24 AM
mad web tv scientist

Prime Minister Sakai, we have a guarantee of PEACE IN OUR TIME if you will simply recognize the regime's right to have a free hand in the rest of the world, you understand. Besides all that, there is a rather large number of Bf-109Gs and a Fokker Triplane (just for fun, of course) that could provide a rather hot reception committee for anyone who might be so foolish as to attempt to attack our impregnable fortress.

Okay, now that we are all so wonderfully able to enjoy such peace in our time in the world today, thanks to the wonders of political correctness, let us all now joyfully look forward to one of history's greatest peace makers as can be so undeniably clearly seen in the upcoming PZ HAWKER HURRICANE!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up other five star rated Ace Fighter threads that strongly suggests their modeling advertising value - not withstanding the new mollifying intruder "Johnny come lately" misfit.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:41 AM
mad web tv scientist

[X(]
ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

Good to know. Now, all you have to do is outfit the Hurricane with the Hispano 20 mm cannon, and the 109G with what, two 20 mm. cannon and two machine guns? Who made those weapons for the Wehrmacht? Find out NOW! JETZ! This is your job, Mad Web! For proper re-creation of Liberty's stand against world fascism, it must be so! If you fail I will send you to the Western Front!
Anyway, outfit the planes thusly, and do the dogfight. Our children should witness, as they are not being taught the brutality of the Left, the NAtional soZIalists (NAZIs), the communist Stalins and MaOs and Potts. They ALWAYS end up killing. Here are some range targets of various 20 mm. I'm sure they are different cartridge orientations, and I'm not sure on the projectile weight.
http://www.netaces.org/weapons/20mm.html

Really cool stuff! All very REAL.
Great kill Wing Commander Sakai! They say it's always the one you don't see that gets you. From now on there will be standing orders to always rubber neck around when a "Sakai" post makes its presence known. If you see one there may be another lurking just out of range of an overly zealous fighter pilot who may be suffering from target fixation.

Yes, I missed the above quoted post due to information overload and the rest, as they say, is history.

Fascinating information - those 20's all seem to be very evenly matched. The "Heroes Over The Pacific" PS 2 flight sim seems fairly physics accurate. Allied guns seem to have a slight range advantage in head on duels to the death.
Yes, being a well armed ordinance enthusiast, I have more research to do.

I have a very dear gospel preacher friend who would really like to have a 50 Cal. sniper rifle. He is such a good friend that when/if our Fighter Plane and other advertising begins to start paying off and he is still breathing regularly; I would like to buy him an upgraded flatter shooting version of the 50 in appreciation for his priceless labor of love.

I don't feel like I need a big .50 Cal. myself. I'm probably a "little" over gunned as it is. I did go out and buy over $100 worth of extra HYDRA SHOK .45 ammo as result of the "inspiration" of a certain recent election. Its very reassuring to be part of a like minded community, we are prepared. The extra water filled gallon milk jugs will make great targets once it is clear that their existence is redundant. I own a Bambi killing SKS "Commie gun," a dear slaying .44 Mag Western style Marlin, a one shot kill Virginia Dragoon .44 mag revolver, and a sniper accurate dear slaying WWI Enfield 30-06, in addition to my beautiful target and "social purposes" assorted handguns, etc., that probably puts me in the "near fanatical" class of gun and home defense enthusiasts. Yes, they can have my guns, when they pry them from between my cold dead fingers!

Oh, sorry, I got a little carried away there - guilty of watching way too much "news" (?).

Back to planes - My Bf-109G modified to look like a little like an "F" model with a fake retracted tail wheel is the most "heavily armed" of my three (3) Messerschmitt airplane Air Force. During WWII it was an easy kill because of the weight of its two (2) wing mounted cannons. My fake cannons make great belly landing skids in addition to looking really neat in the air and on the ground. It is the best flying 109. I think I may now have a number of Allied fighters that can equal its performance. More sorties are required to settle the issue. The landing gear equipped versions can provide nice (most of the time) ROG experiences.

Yes Sir! I will follow your orders as soon as combat air warfare conditions allow.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:19 AM
mad web tv scientist

Sakai, the mission to secure a mint condition Hurricane failed in yesterday's fighter sweeps. Delivery date has been moved back to late June. As discussed in fighter pilot talk elsewhere I have designs on that bird. Sure am glad to have prepaid for it. Assuming current inflation rates continue, who knows how much that plane is going cost hapless Huricane fans who foolishly believed in peace in our time.

Meanwhile, to prepare for inevitable air combat it will be necessary to brief all of our brave fighter pilots with all of the relevant information necessary to secure unconditional victory. There is no substitute for victory!

SHOCKING SUPPRESSED TECHNOLOGY THAT CANNOT BE STOPPED!
http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?of...ghterace&pid=9
http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?of...hterace&pid=20
http://www.whitedragonpress.com/go.p...hterace&pid=11
Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 PM
mad web tv scientist

WARNING!!! A HURRICANE IS COMING!!

My FHS (favorite hobby shop) promised that my Hurricane would be here by Christmas. I paid for it last Feburary and getting that plane has litterally been slow as Christmas! As every boni fide fighter history fan who owns a Battle of Britain celebrating Spitfire or two knows, there is no way a Hurricane could possibly be resisted.

Just today after harrowing battle in war torn skies I accomplished my mission to TAKE BACK THE SKY! Three different Allied aircraft successfully flew with new higher performance props in the sky with an outnumbered Axis foe. Details of the four planes will be fourth coming.
An irresistible "invasion stripes, RAF insignia festooned BEST AIRLANE IN THE PACIFIC" Gruman F6F has become a future must have fighter. It would never do to leave out such a truly great plane in my flying fighter museum. That F6F in WWII Fighters magazine (winter 2012) really grabbed me.

Well, we have probably done enough damage to the target for now.

Out.

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]
__________________________________________________ _
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

PS Looks like our smileys are still not being allowed to do their duty. We may have to court-martial our treasonous domestic enemies in order for them get what they have coming to them.

PPS Maybe they will continue working now that we have waxed the tail of the enemy.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:25 PM
mad web tv scientist

My new "post signature" URL stopped working today for me. I first noticed it after not being able to post it on Facebook and finding that it would not work in a test e-mail message I sent to myself.

So, to see my latest and greatest efforts to promote modeling please type HANDY WEB PAGE FINDER into Google and scroll down to CALL TO GLORY.

Thanks.

Out.

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

P.S. URL is working now. (Yes, it was my error, sorry about that - way too much excitement here to think acurately.)
Old 12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Saburo Sakai

(warning: Mad Web mind-control in this posting)

Mad,
"Delay on delivery". HmmmmmMMMmmmm...There is no such thing as an E-flite Hurricane. It is a fictitious creation of the Luftwaffe Kopf-Schlaffen ethernet and does not exist. The funds you sent have gone towards development of a new German Spazz-Jet fighter (thank you) to crush the Vichey-French with. You realize this now and are okay with it, that your Hurriwill never, ever arrive and that the Luftwaffe is supreme uber alles. But if some other Hurricane should ever arrive it will be pre-drilled with fine, German cannon shells. Move along, there is nothing to see here. Look over there, a puppy!

Oberst Jochen von Kartoffelsalat, secret mind control commandant

Hey, can't wait for a flight report on that E-flite Hurricane!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
mad web tv scientist

When the phone rang this morning I just knew that my FHS was calling about my historically priceless RTF Hurricane - turned out to be my wife's brother.

Sorry, but I plan to take my time and savor every enjoyable moment of removing deadwood, installing two smaller safety redundant independently operating elevator servos, and experimenting with props needed to provide a comfortable margin of vertical performance capability to satiate my flying performance addictions.

Be back in a minute or so.

Does anyone out there in the wild blue yonder have any idea what the story may be about the delay in the Hurricane's arrivial? Like the stealth spy in the sky now in Iran's hands there is something really suspicious going on here. We may have to water board that Japanese Ace who is now working for the regime in a conspiracy to deny us the propaganda value that only a Hurricane can provide for King and Country.

We shall see.

Out.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:43 PM
mad web tv scientist

Oberast Jochem Von Kartoffelsalt, please tell me why your "action laughing smileys" seem to never be red "Xed" out and mine (on my PC) tend to turn into red "Xes" and after a while (usually) change back to action laughing and crying smilies. This last little spell with the red "X" action in the place of my action smileys has lasted every since I posted that latest quote from "WWII Fighters" magazine on the PZ P-47 Thunderbolt thread.

Will be awaiting your next transmission.

Out.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Saburo Sakai

Smilies? My smilies continue to mockasthey are good German smilies and because I am always laughing (immer wieder) at the fine work my excellent German cannon have done to your Englishaeroplanes, your Spitfire (burst into flames after I fired my 20 mm into her sleek hull) and your Hurricane (slammed into the ground after aburst of excellent German cannon fire andTHEN burst into flames). So my smilies always laugh at the rememberence of the flames, as if they were just yesterday. Perhaps I shall stop by the Luftstallag in my Luftwaffe staff Mercedes and I shall bring someof your English Tea and Crumpets.
bis Spater, English

Oberst Hundfliegen
Deutschland uber alles!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Saburo Sakai

My downed (sorry, there, but there's a war on, you know) English Pilot freund Mad Web,
While you enjoy internment in our fine Luftstallag, something for us to ponder is your "shadow post rater". Whoever-perhaps a Vichy French-is following your English posts and giving you "ONESTAR" ratings is a DOLT if he's trying to put you down because he's actually ADDING A POINT to your ratingwith each insulting one star rating he gives you.
Be confident in knowing that such a dolt would be rejected forthright from the Luftwaffe for being a schi$#tKopf, a dunderhead in your English.
Alas, English, the respect for opposing flyers-even for you Engish, flying about in your Spitfires harrassing ourMesserschmitts, getting in the way of our grand plan-seems to have died with our generation. We must hope for a new generation of flyers to awaken to nobility, and not pettiness.
Perhaps I shall swing by your Luftstallag in my staff Mercedes with some of your English Fish and Chips and some Ginger Beer, and talk of the good times in the air (sorry about that last burst of 20 mm that destroyed your London tailored wool top coat andtop hat).
Oberst Jens von dem Schweinhutten, Luftwaffe, J.G. Sechs and Zwanzigger
I look forward to shooting you down again in the near future, English.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:44 PM
mad web tv scientist

Oberst Hundfiegn, although your latest appeasement efforts with Tea and Crumets are appreciated and will no doubt ease tensions during the upcoming prisoner exchanges, you must surely be well aware that the values that have made possible the overwhelming Arsenal of Democracy will not only be the main force in winning this war; but will also dominate any future wars. Today's enemies are really nothing more than great big jucy targets!

I must break off the attack for now but will be back when you least expect it, hopefully with a new fully armed Hurricane.

One more little thing, I see no "single stars" on this thread and all of the "red Xes" have turned back to my favorite smileys. Are you and any of my wingmen seeing the same things or are we being tricked by "sowers of confusion."

Out.

Wing Leader, Johnnie Johnson

__________________________________________________ __
Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Saburo Sakai

Doktor Mad Web,
Posts 4, 5 and 6 of yours on this thread were "one starred" by the silly shadowtormentor. On other threads I have seen you thusly "one starred". At each such rating, your personal rating goes, "click," up one more point. In trying to make you look bad he has made you shine. Seen it on other threads we frequent, too. All of them months earlier, this past year (yay!), so perhaps he has succummed to apathy or found another outlet for his petulance.
By the way, flew my Micro T-28 last week in 10 knot breeze and thumbs were so rusty I almost lost her downwind, at first. Stuck to it and was bringing her in for landings okay. Weeks ofno flying is no good, herr doktor.
We shall keep the Faith, fight the good fight and finish the race. You are a good friend, English.
I look forward to blasting you from the sky in the Neuen Jahr, your "new year". Ishall bring you some English Breakfast Tea when you are back in our Luftstallag again.
Oberst Friltz von Foosmund, Luftwaffe
Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 AM
mad web tv scientist

YES! The single stars now show up for the very first time exactly as you have described. This kind of dirty trick on the web was first noticed and reported on the big PZ Spit thread, and other threads since then as well. Evidently, the red "Xes" have been visible on my PC only. Please let me know if you have seen such "anomalies." We really have to give the Fascist enemy credit for their cleaverness in how effective good modeling prospects have been spooked by such diabolical mind control. If it were not for the fact that we are providing so much 'FREE ADVERTISING" for certain vested interests other tactics would surely have been used by now to "neutralize" our pesky annoyances.

Out temporarily.

By now you can probably clearly see why my wife hates my web work. The problem is I have absolute faith that honesty about reality will eventually be profitable. Fighters are perfect attention getting teaching aids for the ultimate, unstoppable victory of truth. There is no second place winner in the ultimate flying experience of dog fighting combat Truth actually matters a lot, fuzzy thinking is not allowed - feelings are not facts and facts are stuborn things!

I suspect the Hurricane's inordinately slow delivery may very well be influenced by the very same anti-modeling, anti-science, anti-social, anti-people, etc., enemy that is now clearly in the process of attempting to take global control of the world. In case I've missed something, please don't hesitate to let me know. I am rubber necking around now for any possible new targets and have itchy trigger fingers - BRING 'EM ON!

Oh, one more little thing - please re-read the report about my "fun" with BIG OIL" on post # 419 of the Ace PZ 109 thread to be reminded of a possible motive my attackers might have.

Almost forgot about your T-28 - great save! Except for the possible excitement that could be a problem, you are obviously ready to fly bigger machines that can be really exhilarating and pleasant to fly in 10-15 MPH winds. The contrast became really obvious on the maiden flight of my great flying PZ 109 followed by my FABULOUS FRONT YARD FIGHTER'S flight. Under the turbulent wind conditions it was fun vs. fits. I fought and won, but the wind clearly had the upper hand. I always have and always will recommend smaller, lighter, safer airplanes for new fliers over the killer size flying machines I am addicted to now.

PC is going crazy. Must sign out for now.

PS This copy must have been posted first. I still can't figure out how the next post happened.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM
mad web tv scientist

deleted unintended redundant draft
Old 01-10-2012, 01:29 PM
mad web tv scientist

Oberst Friltz von Foosmund, it turned out that the last secret communique was obviously redundant. The message that I had hoped would make it through was the one sent earlier. I must now assume that it was intercepted by enemy forces.

You must check out the action on the P-47 thread. We definately seem to be making substantial progress against the enemy in the air there.

Weather conditions are allowing for some decisive fighter sweep missions to be flown. Must sign out for now and prepare for battle.

Out.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:34 PM
mad web tv scientist

Oberst Saburo Sakai, You're right. Again, the excitement of battle strikes again. I should have said HH HH when referring to the Hurricane. I promise to try harder in the future not to make such errors. Because of its fabulous symbolism I suspect it will continue to be "backordered" (?) until a clearer direction of world events and values emerge in the global culture war. Pray for peace built on the values that built Western Civilization in general and the good ole US of A in particular.

Aim High, Fly, Fight, Win!

Out.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Saburo Sakai

My Dear Captain Johnnie Mad Web,
I just received notice that the E-FLITE HURRICANES ARE ON THEIR WAY TO SQUADRONS!

Congratulations! One calendar year later, but what with the Wartime manufacturing tummult from our successful BOMBING of your FACTORIES with our SUPERIOR GERMAN Luftwaffe, it is a miracle she will arrive at all!

Nonetheless I look forward to shooting you down over France once again in this English beast, and I will drop by the Luftstallag and bring you some of your tea and crumpets.
Oberst Karl von dem Apfelkart, Luftwaffe, Fighter Forces

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.