RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba FAAST vs Spektrum/JR Spread Spectrum
Old 04-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba FAAST vs Spektrum/JR Spread Spectrum

ORIGINAL: triggerpuller03

I have ben using spectrum since I got into this hobby, about 3 years now. I have a lot of problems with spectrum, brown out's and loss of communication from the transmitter to the receiver. There are also some guys at the field that have had the same problem. It might be the cell phone towers or who knows what. I purchased the Talor Craft bind and fly it comes with a spectrum receiver I was at the field this last Saturday and experienced a loss of communication from the radio to the receiver. And yes the batteries were fully charged as well as the radio. My overall experience with spectrum has not been good. I have purchased a Futba 10c radio. And I would not recommend spectrum radios to anyone. Just my opinion and first hand experience.
triggerpuller03,

Brown outs are not really the fault of the Spectrum receiver.
It is due to the minimum operating voltage dropping below the minimum needed. I think that is 3.5 volts.

The system in the model must be able to supply the needed current load while maintaining more that 3.5 volts.

All installations need a voltage and current availibility higher than a certain minimum.

I do not have the data for Futaba receivers but there is for sure a minimum that the voltage should never go below. Perhaps you can tell us what that minimum voltage is for Futaba.

Remains to be seen now what will happen with the Futaba rig.

Please keep us posted as you gain experience with your new rig.

The fact that many of your friendsmay not have that kind of problem may simply mean that they are setup with proper voltage and current capability.

Regards from Zor.