RCU Forums - View Single Post - Clark electronics TK20
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:39 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Clark electronics TK20

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

my prediction is this hobbly and products available to it will explode over the next 12 to 24 months.
I fully agree. It'll be 'run or get out of the way' as things get decoded and cheaper. With the wealth of info at our fingertips, opportunities arise wherever there's a need.

If an electronically challenged dope like myself with a multi-meter can adapt existing boards to do different things, imagine what an electrical engineer could do. Or even just a hobbyist with the right gear.

I'm not in anyway putting Tamiya down by this, but they pretty much dictate the market as 'the standard' and RC tanks is a tiny tiny part of their picture. Tamiya-san is a great businessman, but a static modeler at heart.

I wish the RC tank hobby was driven by tank first interests, such as El Mod, that way we'd by leading with innovation, not just adaptation. In my mind, there's no reason why we shouldn't be battling with directional armor and damage, or repair tanks like the IBU offers. We don't because the Tamiya apple is what clubs want to see and adopt as 'the standard'.