RCU Forums - View Single Post - Space Shuttle Depron RC Model - Scratch..
Old 06-29-2013, 04:53 AM
Stevedots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Space Shuttle Depron RC Model - Scratch..

Hello Carlos,

Great photos, it has been years since I have visited KSC but you are really making me want to go again!

Just yesterday I was flying the r/c Space Shuttle. I did have one unusual thing happen. I am force to fly off grass at my local club. As long as it is cut take off is no problem. But yesterday the grass was a little bit long and wet. So Itried it anyway and after two attempts I did get lift off. Ihad one good flight and decided to have a second one. The next time I couldn't get off the ground due to the drag of the wet grass. So after 4 attempts I decided just to taxi back. All of a sudden the Shuttle was dead. No throttle or even servo movements. Ipicked her up and carried her back to one of the starting benches. Turns out she was loaded with water! When Iturned her over water came out. What Ithink happened was that when the fan was running it was creating a vacuum affect on the bottom of the Shuttle. There is a very small seam on the bottom where I have my nose gear attached. I think the fan was causing water to get sucked in from there. I brought her home and dried her out and everything is fine now. But I will always remember that from now on only fly her on dry grass!
Thanks again for posting those great photos. I’m off now to check out your video!
Take Care,
Steve