RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba R7008SB Compatibility Issues with EQ6 Turbo
Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 AM
haisanjafri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys!

Almost complete club switched to Futaba recently from JR due to JR constant development habit and changing technologies all the time leaving one in the dark with their older products. So I was no exception and had my 18MZ in February with R7008Sb receivers. I am flying all of my models on the same receivers without any issues. Its the most strongest link I ever flown with. However, recently when I used R7008 with PowerBox competition SRS in a jet, the PB used to display 900+ frame losses while telemetry ON & below 25 frame losses while Telemetry OFF! So I test flew the jet while telemetry OFF. No problems faced in flight whatsoever.

Last Friday, when I was doing my break-in flights of 100cc Bird with Smart-Fly EQ6 Turbo + 18MZ / R7008SB (Telemetry ON) (Results are same with Telemetry OFF Or with increased delay). The airplane started to lock for less than a second duration in one particular area and altitude. I kept flying till it locked for more than 2 or 3 seconds. I landed safely and now looking forward to Smart-Fly for the solution. No question to ask Futaba guys since their product is working perfectly with us since the date of purchase. I wonder why Smart-Fly sold me this product without mentioning that it shall not work perfectly with Bla Bla receivers. After having their reply I shall request them for a full refund and return this product being sold without any warning on it!! I am looking forward to replace this Smart-Fly EQ6 Turbo with Power Box Competition SRS. Let's see how it turns out~

Regards,

Haisan J.
Miniature Aircraft Association Lahore
Pakistan