Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Futaba R7008SB Compatibility Issues with EQ6 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 07:11 AM
haisanjafri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Futaba R7008SB Compatibility Issues with EQ6 Turbo

We are using Futaba 18MZ & 14SG TX with Futaba R7008SB receivers in our 100cc & 150cc Gasser Machines while Smart-Fly EQ6 Turbo in line. Recently we have noticed glitches & receiver locks in two models. One with 14SG was lost completely & the other was lucky to land which was with 18MZ.

My question is that why the receiver looses link during flight while it never did while it was connected directly to servos and not smart-fly in line? Is it because of telemetry function ON? Should be we using smart-fly with telemetry function OFF? Because we also experienced frame losses while we used PowerBox Competition. Frame losses were 900 plus while telemetry ON and after turning the telemetry OFF frame losses came down to 5-10.

Waiting for quick response!!

Regards,

Haisan Jafri.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 AM
haisanjafri

Hi Guys!

Almost complete club switched to Futaba recently from JR due to JR constant development habit and changing technologies all the time leaving one in the dark with their older products. So I was no exception and had my 18MZ in February with R7008Sb receivers. I am flying all of my models on the same receivers without any issues. Its the most strongest link I ever flown with. However, recently when I used R7008 with PowerBox competition SRS in a jet, the PB used to display 900+ frame losses while telemetry ON & below 25 frame losses while Telemetry OFF! So I test flew the jet while telemetry OFF. No problems faced in flight whatsoever.

Last Friday, when I was doing my break-in flights of 100cc Bird with Smart-Fly EQ6 Turbo + 18MZ / R7008SB (Telemetry ON) (Results are same with Telemetry OFF Or with increased delay). The airplane started to lock for less than a second duration in one particular area and altitude. I kept flying till it locked for more than 2 or 3 seconds. I landed safely and now looking forward to Smart-Fly for the solution. No question to ask Futaba guys since their product is working perfectly with us since the date of purchase. I wonder why Smart-Fly sold me this product without mentioning that it shall not work perfectly with Bla Bla receivers. After having their reply I shall request them for a full refund and return this product being sold without any warning on it!! I am looking forward to replace this Smart-Fly EQ6 Turbo with Power Box Competition SRS. Let's see how it turns out~

Regards,

Haisan J.
Miniature Aircraft Association Lahore
Pakistan
Old 04-30-2015, 07:09 AM
Decker79

I was flying a 30cc Yak with a Futaba 14sg and R7008SB receiver with a smartfly sport plus power expander. The plane lost signal at the 10 minute mark and was destroyed.
I'm looking for answers so this doesn't happen again. Can you help me? When I went to make a turn there wasn't any response from my controls.