RCU Forums - View Single Post - Laser-cut Scat Cat anyone?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 09:06 AM
GSJames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wardog5
Hay just touching base how are you doing on scat cat. Are club is doing club 40 and I going to start Quickie 25 . And I like to use a
scat cat . So when you get it dun pleas let me know email address is [email protected] phone number is (267)431-5574
I sorta lost interest in the project. Actually, I couldn't find an airfoil to match the plans, since it's probable that Riley used a "french curve" airfoil. That would be consistent with the way that a champion CL combat flier would do things. I went through my extensive library of over 2000 different airfoil sections and found one that matches quite closely. It's an un-named airfoil that is 12% thick and it overlays the lines on the plans quite closely. I'll play with it some more and see what I can come up with. There is no sense in drawing the top and bottom pieces since they are 'fallout' from the fuselage formers, so I'll just draw the basic balsa parts and see how it goes from there.

Last edited by GSJames; 12-15-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: to add additional information