RCU Forums - View Single Post - I converted a glow engine to run on E85
Old 06-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The ethanol doesn't absorb the water ,it draws moisture to it.Put about a cup of water in a clearish container and fill with one gallon of gas.Shake it up and let it sit for a while.The water is natually on the bottom of the tank, so the ethanol will go to it.Siphon out the liquid which is the water with the ethanol in it and you'll have pure gas.Some people do this to rid their r/c boat race fuel of ethanol.I've had my gas lines freeze up on my vehicle when I didn't use dry gas in the winter.The enzymes in Startron,counteract the ethanol and make it so it doesn't attract moisture and also doesn't corode older vehicles fuel systems.My 2009 HHR can burn E85 and it's fuel system is made to not corrode,but people say the poorer performance and lessened fuel milage makes it not worth using.Some guys that race or just play with r/c boats use camp fuel with their favorite oil mixed in instead of gasoilne.I've tried it and it works great and smells better,but the cost of the camp fuel is expensive.