RCU Forums - View Single Post - Restoring my custom mud pig into a crawler
Old 06-14-2014, 03:46 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cheerz for the feedback, generally my projects get unnoticed.... Lol, I didn't think they were that boring

Well the big thing with this is its limited gearing options. All u can only change it the pinion 19t, 21t and 23t

its basicky touring car chassis with buggy arms and MT wheels. So by fitting 120mm wheels it's considerably increased the rollout.
I guess it's considered very over geared for a monster truck. But with the HPI GRU it brings the rollout back into a useable range.

With the GRU and a 2400kv brushless motor preformance wise it was about the same as a stock SCX10 (top speed and acceleration) but had heaps more potential torque. So much that in a bind it can easily destroy the gearbox.

but the issue was it couldn't go slow enough because of the sensorless brushless motor. So I've got a few silver can Johnson motors and there rpm and very similar to the 2400kv motor but won't have that minimum speed/rpm thing like the brushless motor...

so I need to find a shorter brushed motor with about the same preformance as a 27t silver can or another way or reducing the gearing

Last edited by phmaximus; 06-14-2014 at 03:50 AM.