RCU Forums - View Single Post - s/m 1/6 f16 in my hot little hands!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 07:02 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Thai Tiger
Hi Loukos, from the photo to looks like the saddle tanks are in upside down.

I had to epoxy the originals closed & cut new holes to miss the former on the FWD section. Otherwise the main tank is too high, resting on not much & when you pull G's it will split the FUS under the wing. Ask me how I know this.....
Good catch Thai, Loukos those saddle tanks are in wrong,, My fittings also hit my formers, I sanded a curve in the former to clear the lines more than I wanted to, I also had to remove the small wood cross brace that goes across the fuse to be able to access all my lines and connections.
I used BVM high flow tank hardware kits for my tanks, to make it easier.
I also got my saddle tanks in place, then made a ply mount and hysoled it to the bottom corner of the tanks, it sits flush against the main former on the sides, I then put a screw through the plate into the former holding those saddle tanks in place. Then I put Velcro on top of the saddles and on the bottom of the main upper tank, and put a piece of foil between them, slid the tank in and pulled the foil out, allowing the Velcro to latch and hold the main tank in place on top of the saddle tanks. If not they can shift around some.

Last edited by raron455; 10-23-2017 at 07:07 PM.