RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas Revo 3.3 Engine Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 07:05 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Henriquesafar
Hi!

I got it... so it will be a good choice.

Last questions....

1) Do i need to buy new Air Filter? (I have the stock Traxxas one)
Yes you need a bigger air filter. Motorsaver are very good.
2) Do i need to buy a new Exaust Pipe? (I have the stock Traxxas one, and it is TOO expensive)
Yes, you need an appropriate pipe AND header for the bigger engine.
3) Does this Novarossi Exhaust Gas Cooler really works? (better runt time and lower temperature) amainhobbies novarossi-exhaust-gas-cooler-nvr36000
I do not know if it works.
4) Can i use TRX3.3 Engines flywhell, clucht, bearings.....?
No, you should use a 1/8th scale clutch and flywheel as it will handle the power much better.
5) Its hard to find genuine NovaRossi glow plug for 25 to 40 degrees celcius. Do you recommend any other?
Is get everything from NovarossiDirect.com. They have plenty of glow plugs as well as engines and support parts at great prices.. Use C6TGC glow plugs.
Does this
I just found NovaRossi 28-8 with ROTOSTART. But... i found Novarossi Pull Start System .21-.28 (NVR22812). Does it fit on this engine? (I prefer PullStart)
. Pullstarts break too often on big block engines. Stick with the rotostarter. If you get the priming down to a science like I have, it usually takes only one pop past TDC to get it to fire and run
My wish list:
1) Novarossi RexLegend 28-8rt (Rotostart)
2) Traxxas BigBlock Kit TRA5360X
3) RRP Gears (Wide Ratio)
4) Traxxas Center Diff
5) Traxxas Rear Breakes

Anything else to make it work?

Thanks a lot
Hardened steel transmission gears and diff parts would be highly advised. I suspect the Legend 28-8 will eat the Traxxas truck for lunch if you don’t go crazy beefing up the driveline.