RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 07:15 PM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

My favored color scheme.

Simple/solid LG to handle the extra weight off the grass.

So nose heavy with 12S, aft balance was a must.

Enlarged extra intake with mesh.

Flying with the wild life.
Quote, - WOW! SHE sure lools Great! Could you Please send/post some more pictures....... Up Closer and of the back, bottom, gear,/Retracts.
TX, it is one of my favored color scheme, very attractive color combo and easy to see, I based on my 2nd. IC DF jet I built many years ago before getting into turbines. (Saber pic.)
On 6S set up, at least you can keep it very light for fun flying, I build some of my EDF foamies purposely heavy with 12S upgrades as a trainers to fly some of my heavy jet turbines and some seriously heavy and large EDFs.
With this Hunk ranging 4.45 to 4.7 kg I get 3.5-3.7 kg static pull on level ground but when holding vertically in hands it just about hold its own weight, meaning it really frees up dynamically especially in the air flying.
Originally I fitted DSR, E-retracts but for my grass fields they were useless so I redesign my own made up fixed gear for reliable service. I fly my jets a lot off the beach sand where salt&sand creates problems after long use so with fixed gear there's no issue. If you have luxus of proper sealed strips go for any decent size retracts that can handle 3+ kg models.

Last edited by Joseph Frost; 05-09-2018 at 02:40 AM.