RCU Forums - View Single Post - New TOYS
Thread: New TOYS
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 09:08 AM
Chris Balling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New TOYS

I love new toys. A competition Pattern (Tipo's were my favorite) flier, I made the transition from RC airplanes to RC Jets in 2002. Now my aging mind reminds me of the fun between Boomerang's and my current BV F-18. What a ride it has been! With old "Shaky" setting in my flying days are numbered so I've been experimenting with a number of "Electric Jets".
Easy to carry, quick to set up, and neat looking; but, most have had one fault...…….they simply don't live up to the hype the manufacturer's make. With that skepticism in mind a new MACHINE caught my eye: FlexJet. The write up really sounds good, the video's: WOW (But QQ can make a trainer look majestic). What the heck; Give it a try: The Flex arrived last week and flew this morning. It exceeds the hype, surpasses expectation, and closely replicates turbine flight. While it's flight window is only 4 minutes its a fast/slow, very aerobatic bird that is very easy to see. In the past I've been hesitant to recommend new turbine "want a bees" try an electric jet. That changed this morning. Its a true electric dream. Kudo's to the entire Innovative Group. And, with a little help from Callie, my FlexJet looks like a Navy airframe.

Chris Balling
FLYNAVY