RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC Key Measures of Performance - Last 15yrs
Old 02-21-2019, 11:53 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Appowner
Please explain how your actions are convincing the EC that changes in the budget and spending need to be enacted?

You can join all the clubs you want and compete in all the contests there are. That won't do a thing to change the decades old patterns shown in Franks charts.
I do the same thing, belong to clubs, pay my $75, support LHS, take kids flying, participate in mall shows and parades, and what do correspondence do I get from the AMA, a few years ago a letter stating that I failed them at the Grass Roots level of their "Membership Drive".
I didn't even really know it was going on other than some three page article in MA.
I never got email
And what mail I get from AMA is in the form of sales promos for car insurance, vacations, and coins.
I used to write and even call my VP, anymore, its like writing or calling my Congressman, I get a "Note taken, thanks for your concern and call, don't worry, we are taking care it, have a nice day and be sure to support our Foundation so we can show what a great job we are doing in promoting model aviation by sending some kid to college".

Nope, if I was to make a real difference, then I would be getting letters, emails, and even phone calls from my VP and HQ asking for my input and help.