RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Extra 300
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 04:36 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by golf4two
IMCRAZY: Please post how it goes with the DLE20. My CG Extra is roughly 10 years old. Started out with an ST90 but that engine was unreliable (would just quit at the most inopportune time!). Swapped it out with an OS91FX and it was just great. Dummy me stripped the glow plug thread so I sent it to Lee Custom Engines for repair. If they can't fix it I was thinking of retrofitting a DEL20RA. I have one in another plane and it is a sweet running engine. Getting fed up with the hassles, mess and cost of glow so will convert whatever planes I can to gas. Will be great when they get the designs working well for the smaller displacements.
My CG Extra is 24 years old and like you had a ST .90 which gave it fairly good performance but I too got fed up with it's unreliable running and swapped it out for a Ralph Cunningham converted to CDI and lightened Zenoah G23, and going gas was one of the best decision I ever made. My old school G23 gives it unlimited vertical performance, and a DLE 20 with its new technology and design features should give a very similar type of performance.

Last edited by karolh; 03-07-2019 at 04:41 AM.