RCU Forums - View Single Post - King Cat help
Thread: King Cat help
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 06:33 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So with my air system done. I moved onto getting the fuel system ready to go back in. I went ahead and got the tanks back in and finished plumbing them last night all fitting safety wired. Tonight will be a leak test to make sure that none of my fittings are leaking fuel and or letting air in. Going to do this by filling the tanks completely and then disconnecting the fuel tube from the turbine and running the pump until the tanks are empty. This will show me how the entire fuel system is working and if and where I am introducing air into the system. Kris Gunther was the one who told me about that and it has saved me a lot of hassle in my last two builds. Essentially by doing this you test the system as if the turbine were running. Super easy way to avoid losing a plane.

After the fuel system test going to balance it (without batteries installed) and see where I need to add weight. Since this one has a full cockpit and pilot I think it will need the majority of weight towards the back. Will post my results later tonight.

Patrick

Last edited by sirrom; 05-24-2019 at 07:42 PM.