RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Four-Star 60 Build
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 03:18 PM
VincentJ

Received 118 Likes on 107 Posts

With the fuselage covered in red, I want to apply a white accent stripe cut from UtraCote. Here you see me prepping the base using Alcohol to clean the area.

With the base now clean and dry, I sprayed the area with plain (blue) Windex. The stripe will be laid over the wet Windex making it lay flat on the red base. It will not as some believe activate the glue on the UltraCote and make it stick...

With the stripe now on, it can be easily positioned/moved exactly where you want it. When your satisfied with its position, take an old credit card or an old playing card and squeegee the excess Windex from between the base and the stripe. Wipe off the Windex with a dry paper towel and repeat the squeegeeing until you've gotten all of the Windex out. At this point the stripe should be making 100% contact with the red base covering.

All that's left is to set your iron at about 200 degrees to activate the glue so the stripe can be secured. Don't use too much heat or you will cause air bubbles to form between the coverings and then you'll have to pop them to get them out.

I've placed the cowl in position so I can get the exact location of where to spray the white epoxy paint to extend the stripe.

Last edited by VincentJ; 05-29-2019 at 05:02 AM.