RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Sherman M4A4 w/HVSS M50
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 08:52 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Well, I spent a good part of the day doing my self fulfillment detailing work.
First last night I decided to cut up a tamiya engine access lid and make it into the two air filter doors just like how the IDF did in the first variant design.
They are hinged and I drilled holes for the speaker noise in the pads that are on the 3d printed deck that were supposed to represent the air filter doors but really were just too low, which prompted me to do what I did and I really like how it tricked out the deck.

I also got out the spot light and found some bracket photos on line to make it. Apparantly it had a hinge on the bottom rear so it could fold back, or at least some variants did. Some had short brackets and some had taller brackets. Aslo, if you look at my rear turret bustle top you see a square bracket reminiscent of the spot light bracket on the mantlet so I surmise that it is likely a spot light stowage bracket for when it is not mounted on the mantlet. Further, I hypothesize that they could have mounted the spot light backwards on the bustle to facilitate driving light since they spent more time driving with the turret turned backwards than forward.
So I hid a magnet in the bottom of my spot light and I have a tiny magnet that I slip under each bracket when I want to mount the spot light there. It looks really cool and is quite tight and sturdy.
For now, I think Im done. Eventyually I want to hook up the lights and pull the spot lense and put an LED in it and rig up the MG and its fiber optic. But no time for that now....Ille come back to it later on..

Last edited by RichJohnson; 10-26-2019 at 08:56 PM.