RCU Forums - View Single Post - more/different slowstick build questions
Old 03-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Dopesick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: more/different slowstick build questions

I see that alot of newer fliers are having some problems here. SO I will list what I do to verify my CG on my slowstick.

First off, You are given a mesurement from leading edge of the wing.. Measure out from the center rib of the wing, on the UNDERSIDE, along the front reinforcement rod 3-1/2"-4" Mark a spot, measure into the wing surface from the leading edge, using a hobby square (or 90* protractor!) and place a mark on the wing @ the given mesurement for CG behind Leading edge.

You will now have a dot on the wing, Do the same proceedure for the other side. Now to check your CG for the fuselage you can now balance the plane on those dots on our finger tips.

btw: A slightly NOSE heavy slowstick is a HAPPY slowstick.

Prop Savers.... www.gwsexpert.com sells pack of 2 props in most sizes for $3.99 A prop saver really is un-needed. What you will find works much better, is when coming in contact with the ground, completely cut the throttle. Most of the time you prop will only snap when spinning.

Also, I Learned in the R/C Car world, "Boil Treating" plastic parts to re-inforce them. I havent tried this with GWS props yet. I will do so, and give info for it.