RCU Forums - View Single Post - Losi LST 4 forward speeds...opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 05:03 PM
allen0622

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi LST 4 forward speeds...opinions

That's a good point ThermalRD, I must say there are times I think of getting a spur with less teeth or a clutch with more but don't feel like wrenching, I suppose the LST has that taken care of. I hope it works out too.

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

We wont know the final gearing until the truck is released. Remember its still a two speed. I dont see any reason why someone would constantly be changing from low to high gears all the time. I think its a really nice feature myself. To me, it means you wont have to change clutch bell to get the desired gearing all the time, or when you change to a bigger motor. I think its a good idea, and hope it works out really well.

Matt
ORIGINAL: allen0622

The LST is a mean looking truck, but I don't know if anyone has touched on the subject of the forward high and forward low manual selection. I mean how low will the high be? Will it be able to lift the front off the ground from a standstill in high or still blow a mean donut in high? And how much less is the low top speed compared to the high gear? Plus I hope you won't have to take off the body to hit the switch. I'm just wondering if it is going to be the type of thing where you'll be constantly stopping the truck to switch your high and low gears.