RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question about IMAC plane setup.
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 12:10 AM
EXCAP232
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question about IMAC plane setup.

Answers inserted in color:
Originally posted by MonkeyBoy
I'm interested in flying in IMAC contests next season, but no one around me flies IMAC so I'm hoping I can get some advice from other IMAC pilots on this forum. I have some questions about plane setups.

1a. Do you use the same mechanical setup for servos linkages on both pattern and free style? I would think there would be a large precision advantage if the 3D throws were mechanically eliminated when flying precision, but I have never tested this on my plane. Most pilots use the same mechanical set ups for precision and freestyle. Only Dave von Linsowe used different servo arms at the last TOC (according to my sources).

1b. If you do use a different mechanical setup, what do you change? Just the arms, the whole link, etc? Change just the arms if you go this route. You may also use an entriely different airplane for each sequence.
2. Are nylon gears OK for use on a 35% for IMAC flying, or should I stay with metal gears? Nylon gears are fine for 35% planes and many are using them on the JR 8411's (there is a kit available to change them from Horizon which gives less servo slop).
Thanks.
Go to a contest and enjoy! You will learn more there than on any site. Once you start to fly the information will flow your way.

EXCAP232