RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP! Slow REVO with Sirio .23...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 01:25 AM
ratman572

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP! Slow REVO with Sirio .23...

The right pipe will make all the difference. Go with what freez suggested, or else use the pipe that I use on mine, the RB 86.

That engine will take a while to "come around" in regards to break-in. Mine really started to wake up after a gallon, and it seems to only be getting better, and I'm into the third gallon of fuel.

This engine needs an 1/8 scale pipe to work. Even drilling stingers out on smaller pipes simply won't get it done. The chamber volume on the smaller pipes are way too small for an engine that size, and therefore the resonant tuning will be way off.

The Maxx truck that my .23 is in is pretty much uncontrollable with the .23, so don't give up. I know there are a select few people that don't like Sirio, -and that's fine, but I have to give credit when it's due, the .23 is really a great running engine. There is absolutely no reason that a properly tuned and set up .23 won't flip your Revo on it's back and burn up slipper clutches.

My .23 burned through virtually every aftermarket slipper clutch I could get my hands on, therefore my slipper is no longer a slipper. I have had to resort to pinning the slipper out on mine just to keep that motor from burning them up continuously.

Stick with it, and I think you'll find that the .23 definitely has what it takes to "git 'er done".