RCU Forums - View Single Post - fuel not flowing! Please Help??
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 10:29 PM
blah-blah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel not flowing! Please Help??

If I disconnect one end of each of the fuel lines fuel runs thru the lines it's just when they are both connected that no fuel runs thru them. I don't have compressed air to blow thru the lines but I have blown thru them and could blow fuel thru the line easily with not much effort. Is everyone pretty much thinking it has something to do with my fuel lines?

Here is the situation: The tip of my pipe is totally dry even when I try to prime the engine by covering the tip and running the rotostart. I see small amounts running thru my fuel line connected from my carb to the fuel tank but not a steady stream and definitely not enough to start the engine. When I push the rotostart it turns the flywheel but not the clutchbell. I have a brand new glow plug in the engine right now. The temp outside is about 40F but in my garage where I am messing with it its about 55F(if that might have anything to do with it). The battery to my glow plug charger and my rotostart are losing power alot quicker than they usually do (probably because I am using them alot more trying to get this stupid thing running).

As far as the sounds it's making it sounds just like it normally does when it is being cranked with no odd sounds; however, every once in awhile I get a few spurts where it seems like it might crank but doesn't. (possibly from the little bit of fuel in the lines making into the engine). One thing I have noticed is my carb seems to be very stiff. When I push the throttle and brake it works fine (opens and closes) but when I tighten or loosen the idle screw the carb does not move at all. I have to hit the throttle or brake to see a change in the carb position. Could this have anything to do with it???

Anybody in the Omaha area? This is pissing me off to the point I might have someone else look at it.

Thanks everyone.

Sal