RCU Forums - View Single Post - new os cvr .18
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 PM
cougartech67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new os cvr .18

Can anyone help me? I need a little info because I must be confused. I just purchased a brand new OS .18 CV-RX engine for my CEN MT2 to replace the factory NT-16 engine. I heard it was the perfect engine upgrade. Well, it bolts right in, no problem there. I managed to cut the header bolts as well, so they are both flush with the exhaust header. My problem is with the flywheel. Am I supposed to use the flywheel from my NT-16? or purchase on specifically designed for the OS 18? Do I need a clutch adapter as well? I pulled the flywheel from my original NT-16 engine and it seemed to slip on the OS .18. The NT-16 has a longer threaded clutch shaft for the nut. The OS 18 seems to have a much shorted threaded part of the clutch shaft. I would even be glad to purchase a better aftermarket clutch kit for my OS 18, , , but, I just need to know whats the right parts to get. I have heard great things about those robinson racing clutch kits, complete with aluminum shoes, 3poles on the flywheel, sounds great. I am just confused, do I need to buy one as a CEN MT2? or as a OS 18... Thanks in advance to all....