RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec HS635 servos in Excelleron 90 --Trust em ???
Old 08-30-2005, 07:01 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec HS635 servos in Excelleron 90 --Trust em ???

I’ve got to ask Jett, how long have you been modeling, what size planes do you model any GS planes, how many Hitec servos do you own and how many of them have failed? Do you have any first hand experience with Hitec servos or are you regurgitating others woes and hearsay?

I can guarantee you your assertion is erroneous with regard to Hitec servos. Its true many modelers report problems with Hitec servos, but as noted Hitec offers the widest product line cross-section of any OEM and produces/sales more servos than all the other OEM’s combined, accordingly we hear more reports of problems. There are other factors at play here too, most notably as you so knowingly surmise there is the purported value of a name brand associated with cost and status…. Hitec programmable Digital servos play a large role in the internet brow beating, the programming and implementation of these servos is largely misunderstood IMO. This leads to the belief of product shortcomings and disgruntled users. Additionally many users are moving up to digital servos and simply do not understand the proper care and feeding requirements of these high power servos, this together with inexperience in linkage setup, mechanical ratios, ganging, radio programming and implementation of the correct product in GS applications supports the disproportionate number of problems are to be expected. We often find problems are not of the servo in of themselves but the installation and or components used.

JR servos have their fair share of problems; you don’t hear as much hysteria about this simply because most users aren’t vocal of same. I suspect it’s a secret to those that have little experience with these things, but those in know are aware of same.

Let’s stay on track here please. Comments specifically of the Karbonite servos are in play. While this other stuff is entertaining its going no where fast… If you must please start a new thread and leave this one in peace.