RCU Forums - View Single Post - Midwest Extra 300xs Build
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Digger44
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Midwest Extra 300xs Build

This will actually be my second build, and yes, this is a lot of balsa.[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3025656/anchors_3025656/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#3025656]The first is here[/link] Maybe I should have been more clear with my statement on the hardware. There is plenty, however I was thinking with a 27% plane that the hardware like the clevises, horns, and tail gear would be better quality. The kit specs didn't really say what hardware was in the kit. I am replacing the tail gear with a Sullivan or maybe another if I can find one better. I would really like to go with Top of the line hardware but I don't know exactly which manufacturer's are the best.

For example I was looking at the carbon fiber push-rods and ball joints from Central hobbies for all control surfaces. There may be another Mfg that is better quality and the cost is relevant.

I am planning on taking my time and enjoying this build. I found on the last one that I enjoy this part of the hobby as much if not more than actual flying. Well maybe not
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26826.gif
Views:	224
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	330510