RCU Forums - View Single Post - Showtime
Thread: Showtime
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 01:53 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Showtime

I think we all are talking about 2 different issues, the take off "dead-spot" and snap out when a fair amount of elevator is used. The take off&downwind turn issue I have not seen with over 30 flights, I have the "snapping" problem and I consider this way more serious, if you are doing a down-line with a slight amount of throttle and you pull up, the plane snaps right and goes inverted-not good at all, if I dont solve this it will probably be the end of it sooner or later as vertical downlines happen all the time, planned or un-planned. It also does the same snap in tight loops but usually on the top part so its not so scary but doesnt make you look good at all. Overall, this plane is definately worth the effort if it can be solved. I've read the whole thread(used the key words "dead spot" and "snap", the suggestions so far are: 1. elev to flap mix @20%. 2.)CG forward. 3.) elev. to spoileron mix.
Ive tried the elev.-spoileron mix but it didnt change a thing,guess I'll try the easiest things first: some elev-flap then CG forward-would like to hear from some"experts" on this.
I'm thinking that if it snapping to the same side everytime, then I would be checking to make sure the elevator on the side it is snapping to is moving at the same speed and the other side. I know you checked the throws, but how about are they equal in speed. If you do not have the elevator halves glued to the fuselage as some of us are doing and bolted to the wing tube as the book tells you to do, then maybe the stab is loose on the tube and rotating ever so slightly which means the alignment dowls will be somewhat sloppy.

Maybe you want to check the incedences of the stabs, are they equal? Just some idea's. If I can think of more I'll let you know