Thread: Showtime
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 09:08 PM
drumbum
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Showtime

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

Although I have yet to run into it, I wonder if the "dead spot" some people are talking about in the elevator is what is actually causing this "snappiness". As I mentioned I have not seen either of these problems BUT, I had to replace the 110 on the second flight because it dropped a valve so now I a brand new OS108 in it and am getting it broken in so I have not been really hard on the plane just yet. During the maiden and what I did get to do in the second flight, I did several walls and touch and goes and had no problems at all.

Now when I do my walls, I come across the field, chop throttle and let the plane slow a bit, then blip a bit of throttle and pull vertical all at the same time, So I wonder if the "blip of throttle" is helping to stop it from snapping by keeping airflow over the elevators nad inboard on the ailerons. Guess I'll try to do a wall with the blip and see
im not too sure about that theory because i came in about mid throttle and just banged mine for walls.... I had i a YS 110..

this is why i think its puzzling because so many different people are reporting different scenarios.. I am working on showtime #2 now im curious to see if it flies alot different than showtime # 1. If so i would like to know what the difference is. if I could find out what is different i could figure out why some snap some do not. including my friends H9 260 that did.