RCU Forums - View Single Post - good light for building
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:17 PM
badger5964
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: good light for building

I tried a few lighting configurations. My build table is 2 ft deep and 10 ft long mounted against the wall. FIrst was a two bulb 4 foot flourescent fixture over work area. It made for constant shadows in the work. Brought a second fixture. I turned the first so it was perpendicular to table and on the left side, mounted the second same way on the right. Shadows are minimized and I like this the best. I also have a wall mounted fixture on the wall center of table. It is on an arm that can twist and move down, up, left and right. 98% of the time I do not use it. However it does come in handy when doing small work.

You'll need at least two fixtures, because of the shadows. Flourescentts spread out the light, I would recommend them. Mount them so the light comes from the front and back and both sides. I'd look for a wall mounted lamp on an arm. I adapted a reading light designed to clamp to a desk.

Get plenty of light. I also make regular use of a small penlight, or flashlight. Useful for looking into small holes, etc.

Good luck