RCU Forums - View Single Post - 12mm to 14mm hex wheel adapter DrHonda?
Old 11-13-2005, 03:22 AM
azzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 12mm to 14mm hex wheel adapter DrHonda?

OK guys, ran the MT2 today with the Savage wheels/tyres, I may have to lower the gearing, its insanely fast!!! But man I love the grip it has now.
I wouldnt bother lowering the gearing but it now lacks that real punch off the line.....Although I really think the overall diametre of the Dirt Bonz is a little big for the car, but I like the idea of that size rim though, is there some other tyre that will fit but is a little smaller overall (sort of like in the pic below)?

Got a little bit of video footage, so will get on and post that tomorrow night if I get time.

Also rebuilt the front of the car (before I ran it with the big uns on) and at the same time installed the new shock tower, its magic, thanks Dr H. Will do the back end when my new turnbuckles arrive.
Oh and while rebuilding the front, I put in non modded diff cups to see how long they would last....hehe...abot 3 mins each!!
Also snapped a rear dogbone and broke a front lower arm (at the hinge pin).
Needless to say I put the modded diff cups back in!! Rollands (expensive) mod is looking more and more appealing...

EDIT those tyres come pre glued to rims with a 17"hex, not sure of the rim size though. Go here and scroll down for a look: http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71299.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	353392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54941.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	353393