RCU Forums - View Single Post - Illegal to fly?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 09:36 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Illegal to fly?

Couple of things.

One, my club has been successfully flying off City property, well within the city limits for over 30 years. We work with the parks department and both parties are protected by a lease and AMA insurance. Did you know that the AMA gives your Club and the land owner FIVE million in liability coverage?

Second many cities and counties now have all of their municipal codes posted on line. Do your own research, or if approached by a law enforcement individual, POLITELY ask them to site the exact code you are violating. If you get a !QUOT!it is just against the rules!QUOT! then again politely ask them to specify the rule and where may you find a written copy of that rule.

As to the gentleman up above, you got a ticket for flying models in a park. That had to go to court at some time. Make the cop show up in court. Point out to the judge that the rule, if there is one was being selectivly enforced on that day, site the rockets and other activities.

As to the community college. Yes it's public land but you have to look at the lease that grants it to the college, and what authority they have over the land. I'd agree that an Air Force Base weapons storage area is public land but I wouldn't suggest even trying to go fly off of it.