Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Eratix by Eflite

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:04 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eratix by Eflite

Is anyone still flying the Eratix? I have not seen any new posts in a long time.

I have several planes and this is my favorite one. I think itt can be classified as a 3D trainer.
I replaced the landing gear with wire for less weight and softer landings. I have been experimenting with many settings.
Best hovers are achieved using 2000Mah 4S lipos. I've also used 1800Mah packs and they also do well.
It took a long time to master harriers (the wings kept rocking all the time). Now, whenever I want to do harriers, I switch spoilers on and I can harrier all accross the field without any wing rocking at all. I programmed by transmitter for flapperons.

Anybody else have any good tips or comments regarding the Eratix?

Old 09-14-2011, 07:23 AM
jzrf6c

Default RE: Eratix by Eflite

I'm getting ready to start flying mine again. About two weeks ago the left wing litteraly exploded in flight. The whole top came off along with the aileron. I was able to bring it in for a safe land so all I had to do was rebuild the left wing. It was time comsuming to recover it to "some what" match the rest of the plane. No. I was not able to find a replacement wing set. All eratix wings were back oedered.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:25 AM
jmir

The bottom of one of my Eratix wings suffered something similar. After many flights, the covering became loose and tore a good part of it. Fortunately, I heard the flopping sound and was able to bring it down without any problems. I didn't have the clear covering, so I had to cover the gap with white covering. I did the same thing to the other wing so it looks like it was meant to be that way.

Glad to hear you will be back flying it soon. I really enjoy flying mine. Since I'm retired, I fly almost every day. When I go to the field I fly it at least two or three times. More if I'm the only one out.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still flying my Eratix. I just recently tried my 2300 4s 40c pack from my Addiction X and it really feels light when flying. I've knocked the landing gear out twice while landing in heavy wind. The last time the wheel pants went through the bottom of the wings. It still keeps going.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:38 AM
jmir

I fly my Eratix on windy days also and had some rough landings one of which tore off the landing gear. After I repaired the damage, I decided to replace the landing gear with 1/8 wire. This set up has survived all the rough landings since then.
When it is not windy, the Eratix just floats in for soft landings.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:33 PM
phase3f16

Would a Power 25 & a 4S 2650 45C be ok for 3D in a Eratix? There is a guy at field who has a Eratix NIB and i have the power set up and some HS-225MGs just sitting around collecting dust..
Old 10-01-2011, 05:27 PM
jmir

Yes, a Power 25 with 4S pack would have enough power to 3D. It would still give you good sports flying with a 3S pack.
I have an Eflite Ultra Stick with a Power 25 and it screams with 4S packs.