Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

EPO 3D and some Pattern (40" range)

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

EPO 3D and some Pattern (40" range)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 AM
android44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPO 3D and some Pattern (40" range)

Hi all,

Im in the market to replace my airfoilz full fuse yak, and I would like to replace it with a EPO full fuse plane or at least close to full fusalage plane. I would like an all around plane that excels at 3D but can also do some pattern when the mood strikes.

I fly with Futaba radios otherwise I would be inclined to try the new eflite carbon z splendor (though the price seems a bit steep to me).

Anway, I would love some suggestions on some good flying 3D/pattern EPO planes:

I have been toying with the following:
1. Multiplex (Acro Master) - I like this plane but I dont like the motor mount and I hear there are issues with the strenght of the fuse up front.
2. wings maker (Handyman) though not truely a full fuse, its close enough for me

Any other ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-03-2013, 05:22 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: EPO 3D and some Pattern (40

ORIGINAL: android44

Hi all,

Im in the market to replace my airfoilz full fuse yak, and I would like to replace it with a EPO full fuse plane or at least close to full fusalage plane. I would like an all around plane that excels at 3D but can also do some pattern when the mood strikes.

I fly with Futaba radios otherwise I would be inclined to try the new eflite carbon z splendor (though the price seems a bit steep to me).

Anway, I would love some suggestions on some good flying 3D/pattern EPO planes:

I have been toying with the following:
1. Multiplex (Acro Master) - I like this plane but I dont like the motor mount and I hear there are issues with the strenght of the fuse up front.
2. wings maker (Handyman) though not truely a full fuse, its close enough for me

Any other ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Buy the Splendor piece by piece - fuselage, wings stab n rudder - about 150 bucks -retail add your own radio motor and esc ( a 46 type motor / five cells is about right)
This model flies pattern maneuvers very well - little couple if cg is correct
I just got another for a practice plane for FAI- (My son flies FAI 2mm and these models can be tossed in any car and take all kinds of abuse -yet will fly at high speed very accurately.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:52 AM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Several at my field have the Handy Man. Fun flying plane, tough, and reasonably priced.

I liked, and got a Handy King, since I already had batteries that would work.

They assemble very quickly. Two minor weak points: reinforce the bottom of the fuse behind the main landing gear. Just cut a bit of foam and glue in a bit of Popsicle stick or whatever. Tail wheel- if you snag it on something it is easy to rip off. Put a bit of packing tape on the bottom of the vert stab and rudder under the tail wheel assembly.

For the money, I don't think you can go wrong with the pre-assembled combo in either size.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:55 AM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PS. Add a 2nd battery strap. I ejected my battery pulling inverted from a spin. Plane was actually easily repairable (tough bugger).