Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Mounting Rimfire on Flatana

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Mounting Rimfire on Flatana

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mounting Rimfire on Flatana

Well if you controller took a crap so soon I'm sure they will replace it. Thats funny about the other guys saying its not flying, these thingsare harder to learn to fly than any glow plane I have flown. Alothough when y ou get good at it then anything short of a helicopter shouldnt be a problem to fly. Plus the power to weight ratio is pretty amazing compared to most glow planes, other than some of the better full blown 3-D planes. I bet if they tried them theyd love them as much as the people that fly only these things do.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:48 PM
CJKling
My Feedback: (1)

Oh yeah, theyre just pokin fun, I let another guy fly it and he loved it too.

I called great planes today, talked to Warren, he hooked me up with some good to know information. He said that the speed-control most likely let the battery discharge slightly more than the charger could recognize and determine if it was a 2c or 3c. It is a 3c, but if the voltage on the battery looked too high to be a 2c and too low to be a 3c, then the charger recognizes it as a voltage error. He was right. I just had to keep charging it till it claimed it was done, then I hooked it up again...and so on, until it actually started the long charge.

Vert, where do you get most of your batteries? I'm looking to stay with 3c but maybe higher capacity for longer flight time(?). I'm no millionaire either, but I understand that they come with a price. Thanks for all the help again.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Vertical3-D

I buy from tower hobbies when the carry what i need, I wouldnt go much over 1000 mah though, because the more capacity the more they weigh, and foamies tend not to handle the weight on landings, also they will start getting sluggish. I use two of the 640mah and a polycharge(i charge them at the 1000 level which appearently isnt the righ tthing to do, but i havent had problems yet and its gets charged quicker) and I prolly make 2-4 flights a day. As for brand, I'd stay with the electrifly packs due to the seperate charge and discharge plugs will work with what you have now(as in no plug change on the charger). most of the larger packs due however use bigger discharge plugs so you would need to order a set of the small two pin micro plugs for the new packs, so they match the battery. deans makes the plugs and tower carries them as well. youd prolly be alright with a 1050 maybe even a 1200, but at some point all it gets you is more motor strain and slugish performance. My preferance is to stick with light packs 640-900 or so mah and just have a couple around. and if i get some more packs I will aslo prolly look into a polycharge 4, dunno if you have seen that, charges four packs at once, and all 4 packs can have seperate charge rates, cell counts, in case you have a variety of packs.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:55 PM
CJKling
My Feedback: (1)

Interesting, alright, gives me some food for thought.

Are you flying at a club? or do you do mostly electrics in your yard or something like that?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:33 PM
E-Mo
My Feedback: (12)

have a ? about the carbon rod on the le of the wing

it is 36" long, but there is a point in the center of the wing
i am afraid the c.a. will not hold the sprung in the carbon rod
any help here?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Vertical3-D

It holds fine if you glue the whole way, not excessive but enough to hold, It makes it easier to work you way from one tip down to the other, or glue one side, then when its dried glue the other side down and hit it with the kicker while holding it there. In all honesty I think it appeares worse a bend than it really is, I had my doubts but not after months of flying did it even budge. if you are realy concerened with it, after you glue it than tapoe it with hinge tape(a strip the length of the wing folded over the rod and onto the wing). But I dont see any problems with it...And I dont currently belong to any clubs, most clubs around here are all glow and regular electrics, I dont think theyd aprreciate my close in hovering and harriers, My dad has a car garage on rt 72. Where the lebanon lancaster line crosses it, theres a PA turnpike exchange right there to, anyway, theres a big field right out front of his place I fly there, also in my front yard, or actually in the street, but its a culdesac so its not busy at all.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:56 PM
E-Mo
My Feedback: (12)

thanks vert
like i always say, hope for the best/plan for the worst