Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

ikarus

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 12:34 PM
mouraneto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ikarus

What is the difference between the new Ikarus (f3a, yak, ...) and the old ones (extrema, edge, ...). I have read that the old ones are lighter but tend to have more tail twisting. But my question is, what is the difference in their DESIGN? I have a F3a and there is a buddy sellin (almost giving out) an extrema, and I was wondering if it would be a step back.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Rush7
My Feedback: (74)

Default RE: ikarus

The big difference is that the new Yak and F3A are bigger and handle the wind in an outdoor environment better than the previous shock fliers. I loved my Extra and still fly two of the Ikarus Edge 540's. One is setup normal ans the other for 4d. I also have a new Yak and love it for indoor 3d. The larger wing area and bigger control surfaces help me when I am flying slower in a tighter area.

If you like shock fliers then jump on the Extra mine fly great until a tree limb jumped out and snagged it. If you dont want it give him my email and maybe we can work something out.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Edgeomatic
My Feedback: (2)

The new ones are a little bigger and the tail does not twist as much. The extra still flys awesome though. If it is a good deal you just can't past it up. To stiffin up the tail on that extra just take so foam strips like the yak and f3a use on the bottom side of the shock and fuse. I did that on an old edge and helped a lot.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:36 AM
mouraneto

hey guys, thanks a lot for the input. I guess Ill be flying an extrema soon then. My only concern was that I would be disapointed with the extrema compared to f3a.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Rush7
My Feedback: (74)

No I dont think that you will be disappointed at all. I think that the Extra even flys better than the F3A. Once you stiffin the tail up as posted above. I dont use the foam to stiffin the tail. I usually put a small flat peice of carbon on both sides ot the bottom of the fuse.