Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Extreme flight yak 55 vs Hyperion Yak 55

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Extreme flight yak 55 vs Hyperion Yak 55

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme flight yak 55 vs Hyperion Yak 55

Does anyone know if these to planes are pretty much identical? One is the extreme flight yak 55 spe profile and the other one is the yak 55 profile from Hyperion

And does anyone know where I could find either one of these planes for sale, does not matter what condition it is in (New, used, crashed, whatever).

Thanks,
David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46722.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1350970   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43998.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1350971  
Old 01-07-2010, 12:41 PM
davidgeorge212

Default RE: Extreme flight yak 55 vs Hyperion Yak 55

I guess both of these planes have been discontinued a while back and no one has them anymore
Old 01-08-2010, 04:59 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still have the EF one, she is fun to mess about with. Hard to find one now. OMP had some about a year or two ago ... don't see it anymore on their website. If you want something like that, try the Precision Aerobatic perhaps?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
davidgeorge212

I found two companies that still sold it but when I went to place my order one company said they just forgot to take that off their website because they didnt sell it anymore and the other company was oversees and said it would cost to much to ship over here.

So now I am back to square 1 still looking for either of these planes
Old 01-14-2010, 01:59 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

The EF one has been gone for years!....

I was able to get one, but I had to get it from someone else! (and I work at EF!!)

Is a fun little guy though!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:16 PM
davidgeorge212

I would appreciate if anyone happens to see one for sale somewhere to inform me of it (New, Used, Crashed, or other condition).

Thanks,
David
Old 02-26-2010, 10:54 PM
davidgeorge212

Im sorry to bring this thread back up again but I just have to say these planes are next to impossible now to get anywhere. I have been looking now off and on for nearly a year and have had no luck. Been close to a couple of for sale adds that someone always beats me too but I am still looking for one. It doesnt even matter if it is brand new, used, or crashed and peices picked back out of the trash can, I will take it in any condition, just name your price

david
Old 03-01-2010, 03:19 PM
SkaBob

I hate to point this out after you've spent so much time searching, but...In the amount of time you've spent searching, couldn't you have built your own from scratch?

For something that's likely to fly similarly, you could try:

Electric Shock by Precision Aerobatics:http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p...ils.php?pid=55
Extreme Flight's 48"Yak-54 profile:http://extremeflightrc.com/html/48YakProfile.html
Extreme Fligiht's 47"Chinn Yak-55:http://extremeflightrc.com/html/ChinnYak55SP.html

Or, if you're not specifically tied to electric (or don't mind modifying an existing model to use electric rather than nitro), I've been really happy with OMP's Pro-Yak 54:http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/47proyakarf/index.htm

All of those are great planes that I'm sure you'd be happy with...Is there some particular reason you're looking specifically for planes that were discontinued so long ago?
Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 PM
davidgeorge212

well thats what I want to do. Only I wanted to get one of these yaks and rip it apart so I can Autocad out all the parts and fuselage construction. This plane is very popular at our feild and I never managed to get one but I wanted to so I could draw up a set of plans. That way if someone crashed or wanted to build one up they could easily glue one up. I know that I pretty much only need the airfoil and the fuse could be almost any shape but I just figure why not just get the plane thats already popular and copy it. I dont actually want this plane to fly it per say, I just really would like it because I enjoy drawing out airplane plans and parts in Pro-E.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
davidgeorge212

I finally found a hyperion yak and mailed my money out today for it. It took a while but I think I finnally found one.