Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

DO NOT BUY from HobbyKing!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

DO NOT BUY from HobbyKing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 08:27 PM
whiskykid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya I hate HK also!

just ordered 2 life batts. and a turnigey receiver, checked the cheapest box for shipping from us warehouse!

and crap, when it didn't show up in the mail the day I was hoping for, I was bummed, then I hear a honk, and ***, big brown truck with my order was at my door!

so I dunno if I can ever trust ordering from them again!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Originally Posted by whiskykid
ya I hate HK also!

just ordered 2 life batts. and a turnigey receiver, checked the cheapest box for shipping from us warehouse!

and crap, when it didn't show up in the mail the day I was hoping for, I was bummed, then I hear a honk, and ***, big brown truck with my order was at my door!

so I dunno if I can ever trust ordering from them again!
Damn...that Brown Truck showed up again with HK Stuff on there huh..?? I just knew it, and I agree with you 100%..!!!
I wouldn't trust HK again...EVER...!!! Commy Pinko's...!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 05:44 AM
Rob2160

Between 2010 and 2012 I was ordering from HK on average once or twice a week. (I had brown box addiction syndrome) The same delivery man came every time, I showed him the helicopters I was building.. He used to turn up at my house with a delivery and if I wasn't home, he would drive past the local park where I was flying 90% of my spare time. Personal delivery to my local flying field.. it doesn't get better than that..

Edit - forgot I actually have it on video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzpWoqQQU-g

Last edited by Rob2160; 10-28-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:25 AM
jzrf6c

Default have you ever ordered "Anything" by mail before?

Looks to me to be the same delivery service I have been getting for years. Nothing new here. AND, don't blame the warehouse or supplier for the crappy delivery service. This would be like blaming the Apple because it does not taste like an orange. Yet they are both fruits !!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Between 2010 and 2012 I was ordering from HK on average once or twice a week. (I had brown box addiction syndrome) The same delivery man came every time, I showed him the helicopters I was building.. He used to turn up at my house with a delivery and if I wasn't home, he would drive past the local park where I was flying 90% of my spare time. Personal delivery to my local flying field.. it doesn't get better than that..
I don't know what to state about that, except that is service
Old 10-30-2013, 09:03 AM
GerKonig

Two weeks ago I ordered the same day from the US Warehouse, and from China. Both orders were shipped out the following Friday. The US warehouse arrived exactly one week later (cheapest shipping). The China stuff (10 Futaba Y harnesses and 2 BEC cables, and 5 servo extensions plus 2 bags of self adhesive servo cable tie anchors) arrived in less than 2 weeks. I cannot complain about their delivery. Of course the stuff from China was small, but the total cost including mail delivery was $16.50. No complaints here. Of course there are things I would never buy from them...

Gerry
Old 10-30-2013, 10:29 AM
jzrf6c

I've been ordering from HK for years. My last order was missing the backplate for the motor and instead there was an extra acorn type prop nut, to make up for the weight I suppose. This was the third time in the long long line of orders over the years so It's no big thing to me. Once I received servos that seemed to be for retracts (only moved full range or nothing). And another time the on/off battery switheches actually fell apart in my hand. So, for the many orders I've had three problems. Yes, sometimes new products seem to be junk. But, the cost has never been too great.
Should I tell you about my orders from, AMAZON, EBAY or even SEARS, or PENNYS? I other words, when people are involved in the handeling of products expect errors once in awhile. New products, take your chances.
My suggestion to everyone is to pay by PAYPAL, Credit cards or the likes so that you can have some recourse!!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by Luchnia
I don't know what to state about that, except that is service
My last order was the fastest delivery to date.. less than 36 hours. (Extra 2200 Mah Lipos for a new Blade 350 QX)

Ordered 29 Oct 13 12:59 am
Shipped 29 Oct 13 10.43 am

Delivery attempted 30th Oct 13 9.40am

I wasn't home but picked it up from the Post office the following morning.

Even Australia post is improving their tracking system, The details were in the system within minutes of it being shipped.

http://auspost.com.au/track/

MHQ7976377010225

The only online order to top that was from Amazon in the USA, I was in Tucson Arizona at the time, I ordered a Dlink Shareport Router at 7pm, Paid for the fastest shipping they offered and it arrived at the hotel 9am the following day.. Now THAT was impressive.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:39 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a friend that always tells me when a delivery happened by saying

"My Chinese girlfriend showed up yesterday!"
Old 12-21-2013, 03:40 PM
lbarnes

I have been buying from HK for about 8 yrs now. I did have some issues and did return some items for replacement. That took 3 months to do.

There shipping prices seem high to me. I can ship a item overseas for less and faster with US Postal service.

It is a slow boat from china. When they send you a email telling you that the item has been picked and ready to ship is now quicker than before but it still will take 3 weeks to received it. Their tracking numbers seem to be hit or miss when trying to track your item.

My last order was delivered before the tracking info was updated

Now the USA store is good. I ordered a part from there and it was delivered in 4 days. I just wish they had more items.

Anyway, I will keep ordering from them for things I cant get locally.

Larry
Old 12-22-2013, 10:20 PM
FLYMIKE

I bought this plane from a local guy Griffwerks.com and all the electronics are HK even the 6.99 receiver. HXT servos and a 7.99 motor. I did a video on my second flight. I have a charger from them and nano tech lipos...I have a HK 450GT carbon frame on my Align heli. I like the stuff I have so far and delivery was not that slow..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuqHn15omo

Last edited by FLYMIKE; 12-23-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:40 AM
edwinkania

I have been ordering from HobbyCity/Hobbyking for a long time now NO LHS in this area since 1997 all folded up and moved to FLA!!! I love to see what comes in from HK!!!! Most of the products are made there any way and shipped to a LHS and resold at much higher prices. Horizon is real expensive.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

I have placed at least 50 orders from them over the years, never a problem...!!! I'm waiting right now for an ASP FT-1.60 Twin to arrive
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11150

and a "Fly Beam" or something LED Infested Receiver ready Airplane to arrive...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=47727

They should be here soon....