Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Flip / Saito72 Mounting Questions

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Flip / Saito72 Mounting Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 10:52 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flip / Saito72 Mounting Questions

I am mounting a Saito 72 in a Kyosho Flip and have a couple of questions:

1) The instructions say to mount a two stroke inverted and a four stroke on its side, however, the Saito 72 seems to fit very nicely inside of the cowl inverted. Any reason not to mount it inverted?

2) I did not see any instructions to include right thrust. Have any Flip flyers out there determined the need to fly with a couple degrees of right thrust? What did you do?

Thanks

Dave
Old 11-17-2003, 11:30 PM
seanychen
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Flip / Saito72 Mounting Questions

I mount my Saito 72 inverted. In order for the valve covers not to touch the cowl lower surface, I bias the cowl downward a little bit. Now it has 1 mm clearance.

I have hardly any right thrust. It does fly okay.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:50 AM
Tec
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DMichael

I am mounting a Saito 72 in a Kyosho Flip and have a couple of questions:

1) The instructions say to mount a two stroke inverted and a four stroke on its side, however, the Saito 72 seems to fit very nicely inside of the cowl inverted. Any reason not to mount it inverted?

2) I did not see any instructions to include right thrust. Have any Flip flyers out there determined the need to fly with a couple degrees of right thrust? What did you do?

Thanks

Dave
You can mount it inverted, your just going to have a weird throttle pushrod. I was thinking about doing mine that way, but decided just to mount it on the side! FYI mount the tank on the CG where the instructions say for a 4 stroke with pump, I have not had any problems with my .72 sucking fuel with no pump. It's nice not having all the weight up front when the tanks full. good luck she's fun
Old 11-18-2003, 12:31 PM
seanychen
My Feedback: (4)

As far as for throttle pushrod if the Saito 72 is inverted, you will have to reverse the carb so the actuating arm is on the left side of the airplane, and the pushrod will exit firewall just outside of the engine mount. Do a Z bend and have the Z bend go into the actuating arm, because it's the only way the pushrod will fit between the engine mount and cowl.