Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Finally got my Funtana!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Finally got my Funtana!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 11:07 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: Finally got my Funtana!

PIC of my battery location.

david
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68993.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	116769  
Old 03-30-2004, 06:50 AM
Cheech
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a funtana too with a saito 72... I would like to know how did you screw the muffler! I have to screw it with the cowl installed!?
Here's a pic of my 100 in the Funtana. The muffler is mounted inside the cowl and works fine. The plane balances very nicely at just over 6". Flies great.

-Cheech
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36241.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	116863  
Old 04-01-2004, 11:05 PM
2thelmt

Cody, I dont understand how your thrust washer sticks out 3/4'' I use a Saito 100, carb against the firewall, and the spacing from the cowel to the spinner is 1/8''. My engine points strait as an arrow.
Sounds like you have done something wrong with the balance problem and all...
Just my opinion.
Ian
Old 04-02-2004, 09:13 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2thelmt

Cody, I dont understand how your thrust washer sticks out 3/4'' I use a Saito 100, carb against the firewall, and the spacing from the cowel to the spinner is 1/8''. My engine points strait as an arrow.
Sounds like you have done something wrong with the balance problem and all...
Just my opinion.
Ian
I think it's just that if the cowling goes on crooked and makes the engine look crooked. You probably don't have the cowling far enough out to the thrust washer. Re-mount it and fill in the old holes with glass resin and touch it up with some white paint or little pieces of white Ultra coat.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Funtana_Cody
Banned

Yes Joe, that is my situation, but anyways, it doesn't look so ugly, and I have been dealing with it OK. I think I will leave it like that. Anyways, I finally installed the flying wires in the tail tonight, took me about an hour and a half, but that elevator is not failing in the toughest blender. I will post some pics of it tomorrow. Hope to give it it's third flight tomorrow after ripping out the tail gear on grass last sunday, although don't know if ill have time because I have started construction on a SPA3D and I'm kinda thrilled with it hehe.

Cody
Old 04-03-2004, 01:31 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Cody the SPADs are a blast. I have a SPAD3D a Funtana and a Pizzaz. The spad does have it's drawbacks but is great to hover with. Just don't fly the SPAD all the time. It takes a lot of control inputs to fly. If you fly it all the time you will over control your other planes. I like to fly the SPAD twice and then fly something else. Don't get me wrong the SPAD will help you hover and will make you grin from ear to ear. Make sure to take 6 props with you to the field. The SPAD eats them.

David
Old 04-03-2004, 01:54 PM
ICE_MAN

Cody<haha this is weird cause my names cody too> Is the funtana your second plane? I saw the trainer in the backgroiuns and thought maybe it was Jw.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:58 PM
nebg9

I just got my Funtana and am almost done building it. I was wondering what size pilot to put on it. Thank You!
Old 04-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Dany boy

Keep it light a much as possible, read the threads on the model, forget about that pilot,