Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Looking for a 3D plane

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Looking for a 3D plane

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 02:12 AM
Love2FlyMN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a 3D plane

what about putting my .46 fx in to this little guy?? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRF43&P=0
Old 02-22-2007, 02:17 AM
KingCobra2

Funstar 40 all the way, dude!! good luck to ya>>>>>>>>>> Scott

ORIGINAL: Love2FlyMN

I think I'm honestly one of the 1-10 that can skip that step..I saw the pheonix models SU 31 or whatever that one is.. I read the reviews, all good reviews... I think I might go with that one... I know I'm skipping a step, and there's a chance for me to crash..but hey... I'm YOUNG and I'm STUPID don't forget :-D... BUt also I'm young and I have a better feel for controls (video games etc) that I played with growing up when my mind and body were developing.. I thinkt hat gives me a great edge on you (excuse me if this offends anyone at all) older ppl... but that's the way I've been raised.. I also have very good eyesight to see the direction of the plane etc..
Old 02-22-2007, 02:19 AM
KingCobra2

Too much motor and weight(nose) for that particular plane. That is a BIG jump from the preferred engines.>>>Scott>> PUT that .46 in a Funstar!!!! perfect match!

what about putting my .46 fx in to this little guy?? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRF43&P=0
Old 02-22-2007, 02:21 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think I'm honestly one of the 1-10 that can skip that step
The other 90% thought they could too. []

....I'm YOUNG and I'm STUPID don't forget :-D
If you're rich enough, young and stupid isn't really an obstacle.

.....I'm young and I have a better feel for controls (video games etc) that...<skip>...gives me a great edge on you...<skip>...I also have very good eyesight to see the direction of the plane etc..
OK....you've definitely got me on the young part.........and probably the better eyesight part too.

But you'll find out that piloting skills are only about 50% of keeping a plane around long enough to outgrow it. The other 50% involves learning how to properly build the plane and correctly setup the radio installlation. As you advance to higher and higher performance airplanes, the building and setup skills will become more and more important......especially for 3D.
[8D]

Flying RC planes is the best sport in the world.....but it's also one of the least forgiving sports. (Even skydivers have a backup chute.) Getting an RC plane ready to fly involves investing many hours and dollars into something that can be destroyed in a flash by a simple piloting, construction, or setup mistake. The thrill of beating the odds is priceless, and that feeling is what makes flying RC planes worth the risk.

My best advice is still to go with the Kaos next, but in the end the decision is yours. And I truly hope you're the 1 in 10!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Love2FlyMN

I like this one way more than the funstar :-D http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEDN8&P=0
All the reviews are great for it...sounds like it flies nice...anyone flown one or have one??
Old 02-22-2007, 03:25 AM
aussiesteve

I have two teenage sons who know all there is to know about just about everything [:@] so I asked them what they would do. Here's their advice

Don't worry about what the others say - go to where where your heart is. Only you know how good you are as a flyer (Don't even bother to ask anyone at your local field - they probably don't know either).
Those Phoenix SU-31 are great flyers - easy to fly, light and suit the 46FX really well. Don't even bother trying to 3D up high -it's too far to see anyway - go for low - its less distance to fall if you get it wrong. Especially an inverted rising spin from about 20 feet - I do it with my MoJo 60 all the time, it's really easy, you just fly inverted, get into a spin anf make it rise.

Besides, if you do crash it or find it a bit difficult, []you can always go and get something like the Kaos later

Is that what you wanted to hear?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Love2FlyMN

hahah...yeah.... I think I'm pretty set on the SU-31...Thanks guys for all your support..I'm sure once I total that or outgrow it I'll be back buying a mojo and throw a .60 on it and learn some 3D :-D

Old 02-22-2007, 05:34 PM
aussiesteve

In all seriousness that phoenix SU31 is a good aerobatic flier (we've had two of them)- just don't try to slow it down too much on landing (until the wheels are on the ground that is) they can be a little bit "slippery" if the airspeed drops too much (we found this out the hard way). Follow the C of G & throw recommendations in the manual initially then go to extreme throws for high rates and move the CofG back about another 5 - 10mm - they're pretty cool like that.

I guarantee you that you will have a bunch of fun with a MoJo 60. I have the 60 powered with a Saito 1.00 and my two sons both have 40's powered by Saito 82's. I am forever trying to wrest my 60 back off them - they seem to prefer it for some reason.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:03 PM
zurhahn

I think the Modeltech Magic is a great 3d plane and I have had it since I was 10 (now 15) so its a very durable plane but still light weight. Its a great match for the TT Pro 46 wich I tryed but put my os 46 fx back on because the TT wouldnt run with a mousse can pipe. It hovers great and has really high roll rate and 4ft loops. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBGB0&P=ML
Old 02-22-2007, 08:30 PM
zurhahn

The rubber band attached wing helps prevent damage with hard landings or crashes by giving some flex but not in normal flying.