RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warhead wont run
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 11:53 PM
msinno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warhead wont run

erawtik,

When all else fails, buy new... or ebay it for about $20

Everyone here has given you correct advice. I can tell you from experience, once you even touch the ISS screw (Idle Stop Screw), things start to go down hill. we have had different approaches to fix this problem. Let me try to break it down:

1st) the zip-tie trick - already explained so I assume you got it.

2nd) a new ISS from tower for the Super Tigre

3rd) a direct replacement, and some say is better, was a new ISS from HPI's nitro-star (exact fit and much better replacement)

4th) and probably everyone's best bet to be done regardless, replace the ENTIRE carb with a new carb using HPI's Nirto star carb. (not the 4.6 carb) This carb is a 100% exact replacement and has been used over and over with great success. I would suggest you take this one step further and use common gasket sealer on the carb and cinch bolt (Where the carb touches the engine body and the screw that holds the carbn in-place.)

Once the last step is done, you will need very little, adjusting to your engine after you find the perfect tune. It holds a tune a lot better than the stock carb. And won't break if your linkage is off and causes you to accidentally go past WOT (wide-open-throttle) You'll see. Check it out and let me know if this works.

of course, the next thing you'll want to do is change the crappy 2-shoe clutch, but I'll save that for another post...

msinno

ORIGINAL: erawtik

i have fixed the idle screw and it still wont run imo this motor is a pos. Iv had nothing but problems with it since tank 2 and i feel the pull cord is going to break which is only gonna piss me off more. $400 truck that wont even run i called tech and they didnt help me at all im about to call them back and demand a new motor.