RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scratch building 105" WS S Connie L-1049 (Pics added)
Old 09-25-2006, 02:36 AM
wegier-r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scratch building 105" W/S Super connie L-1049 G

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I didn't receive notifications for your posts. Therefore: sorry for my late response

The model is a laser cut model. The collegue of mine who planned this model knows someone with a laser cut machine It will be electrical powered by four 300W brushless motors. For me that's the easiest and cleanest way to get this aircraft into air

The weights of my collegues model without any painting, RC, motors and gears is about 3.5kg. The wight of the flying model as shown above is about 6.8kg. With all the painting and gears and flaps I hope to get it below 9kg (target is 8-8.5kg).

If you have questions about the model or the original, just ask me

Here some pictures of the current status from the fuselage:

And here some pictures from the Flying Legends Bern from yesterday (hope it's OK with you taht also other airsrafts than the Super Connie are shown):

When making this picture, I heard the probably best sound ever She passed me in just about 30m height

Best wishes from Switzerland,

Richie

PS: If I do not respond within one or two days to your questions in this forum, please send me a mail! I really like to share information and expirience and it's amaizing