RCU Forums - View Single Post - the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless
Old 11-24-2006, 12:25 AM
dauntlessfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: the unofficial home of the dumas dauntless

Right on! After reviewing a couple original drawings from S & S, I did a few things to make Dumas' design more true-to-life. I attached a pic of the bow lip you mentioned, I made this one from styrene.

One of the most obvious features Dumas left out is the portholes/windows/vent in the back. I added those and I'm happy with the look (and additional cooling to my speed control back there .

It appears there was a bench seat in the rear cockpit, facing aft? The plans show that batteries were stored under it. Has anyone modeled this? I did, but lots of guesswork was involved. Drawings show another bench seat facing forward in the pilothouse area???

Does anyone know if the cockpit floors were wood decked or carpeted? I've seen pics of others who've modeled carpet for these surfaces on the internet, but I used stained wood planks for mine.

The biggest mystery to me is the tiny forward cockpit. I have yet to accurately model this feature. The Dumas instructions left me scratching my head. The drawings show a windshield for this seating area???

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86982.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	565735   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36788.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	565736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53504.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	30.9 KB